Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Day the Internet Died.

Today is January 18th, 2012. Congress has been trying to pass a bill that would allow them to censor the web and harm vast amounts of potential American innovation.

But some websites are saying:
Fighting online piracy is important. The most effective way to shut down pirate websites is through targeted legislation that cuts off their funding. There’s no need to make American social networks, blogs and search engines censor the Internet or undermine the existing laws that have enabled the Web to thrive, creating millions of U.S. jobs. -Google


These different bills are not the right way to combat piracy. It is my opinion that our Congress should look for better alternatives, instead of combating our freedoms.

5 comments:

  1. Wikipedia is down! My life is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 24 hours Hayli! I think I'd have to look into this one to decide if it's good or bad because I don't know much about it.
    But isn't that what China did that made news and everyone was mad about it? They censored Google? I don't know, I don't watch that much news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, sir Doyle, of the Doyle clan, should be in Congress to whip some butt... i mean.. what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Taylor. It's not exactly the idea of the bill that is bad. Just the potential powers it gives the government.

    ReplyDelete