Friday, March 23, 2012

Grades. (This is also my 40th post!)

a degree or step in a scale, as of rank, advancement, quality, value, or intensity: the best grade of paper.

Grades: The things the teachers give you that supposedly indicate your level of effort and performance in said class.

However, sometimes the pressure grades put on students is unfair and unhealthy. Take myself, for example. I am usually an A student, but recently I've been keeping a straight B in Algebra II. This has kind of distressed me. As much as I hate to use this excuse, I'm really just not math-oriented. I LIKE. TO CREATE. NOT. SOLVE. I really don't know what to do about this, and sometimes it makes me bitter. Resentful towards the Micah-s and the Marcus-s and the Reid-s. The people that are good at math, and still manage to be good at English. 

I guess that's enough self-pity for one blog post.

3 comments:

  1. I commented on your blog, are you happy now??? You have to comment on mine now...And I agree. But I also think I should get a spot for A.P. English

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...way to be subtle Leah. Bailey and Marcus are giving up their spots so I'm sure you'll get in. Maybe if you show the esteemed Ms. Harness your actual GOOD writing (such as GSA), she may be inclined to change her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU KNOW WHAT DYLAN, WHO ASKED YOU. I didn't that s for sure

    ReplyDelete